What's Online: September 2009
- We slice and dice the 2009 Inc. 500|5000, our annual ranking of America's fastest-growing privately held companies. Browse lists of the top companies in more than 20 industries, the crème de la crème in states and major cities, the top woman-owned companies, and more.
2.Calculate Your Company's Wellness Score</h3>
- If you are concerned about the wellness of your employees, you are not alone. In an effort to control health care costs, companies are offering workers incentives to live more healthfully. So, how healthy is your work force? Take Inc.com's wellness quiz and find out.
- It has been a tough year. To end it on a high note, sign up for our Sales Coaching newsletter, a weekly e-mail that features tips and strategies on cold calling, contracts, negotiations, customer-relationship management, and sales force leadership.
- Meet this year's winner, browse the stories of kids we have featured each week since the contest launched in June, and meet nine successful entrepreneurs who describe starting businesses when they were young.
- On his blog, Atari founder Nolan Bushnell writes that workers who constantly shoot down ideas -- he calls them "no" employees -- can ruin a company's culture. "I would add that it is as much leadership's responsibility to promote a culture of change," comments reader Dan Paulson. "Often the 'no' employee is a product of environment."
Aug 18, 2009