It's that time again--have you declared your New Year's resolutions? Maybe you've finally got enough motivation to start one of these typical top ten resolutions that the world attempts every January.
Nothing wrong with that. But despite all the good intentions you might have, come February... most of these resolutions will go poof!
Time for a different approach.
No, I'm not talking about completely giving up the idea of losing the belly fat, or going vegetarian. Your cholesterol will appreciate you. But maybe this time, you can take the pressure off of losing 20 pounds (the same 20 pounds you gained back after that last fad diet) by doing things you've never done before, going places you've never been before, learning something you've never learned, or meeting people you've never met. Sound more promising?
Here's what I'm getting at. At the end of 2017, all that matters is that your life has been improved and you are a better person for it. True?
What we think, what we know, or what we believe will have little consequence by the end of 2017 in comparison to what we do. So what are you going to do?
Here's a reality check. If you keep complaining about the same things you can't commit to every year, you are not committed to doing them again this year.
So, how about a different approach this time. How about focusing on changing the things that hold you back emotionally, keep you stressed out and anxious, and cause your relationships to suffer?
I'm going to recommend that you replace those same old and tired resolutions that play like a broken record every year with things that have more meaning and value for you--something that will impact your life beyond 2017. Beyond losing weight. Beyond spending less. Beyond getting organized. Ready?
Your Recommended New Year's Resolution List
I offer you ten resolutions that will make you a better human being in 2017.
1. Open up. Don't hold back. Get present. Speak up. Stop internalizing. Check in with yourself. Be bold. Be real. Say what's on your mind.
2. Stop worrying about who has more things, who's going where, or who's doing what. Focus on the abundance in your own life. If you don't have much, you have 360 days to create some!
3. Stop wondering why so and so in some other social circle hasn't accepted you, or invited you to their activities. Start your own circle of friends with like-minded people who have an interest in you, will reciprocate and love you back.
4. Stop running around like the spinning of the world's axis depended on you. Life will still go on if you miss a deadline, meeting, or activity. Relax, pamper yourself, and remember, you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself first.
5. Appreciate everything. Go full out. Play to win. Be adventurous. Activate your five senses.
6. Have courage. Make your move. Draw the line. Say "no!" Say "Yes!" Break unhealthy agreements. Listen to your inner voice. Follow your heart.
7. Remember that you are confined only by the walls that you've built around yourself. Get a sledgehammer and start swinging.
8. Don't talk, just act. Don't say, just show. Don't promise, just prove.
9. Take risks: If you win, you will be happy. If you lose, you will be wise.
10. Read this slowly: LIFEISNOWHERE. What did you read? "Life is no where?" or "Life is now here?" Your outlook, friends, is all a matter of perspective. What's yours?
Here's to an electrifying and successful 2017.