Your purpose is exactly what you can't help but keep doing. Even if you weren't getting paid, you would probably do it anyway. When you discover what this is for you, it's the thing that makes you come alive.
5 Simple Exercises To Find Your Purpose
Here are five things you can do to get some clarity, find your passion and live your purpose starting today.
1. Write down all the the things you absolutely love to do in life. Be outrageous, open-minded, honest, and creative. Label it your "My Love List." It may make more sense later, the point is to get inspired and let your imagination run free.
2. List the things you do with relative ease. The very things you're passionate about may end up being your purpose, but because it's so natural and under our noses, we may even be aware of it.
3. Look back at your personal history. We all have unique challenges we've had to overcome with great success that may be a perspective nobody else has, but you. What have you conquered and need to share to make the world a better place?
4. Ask trusted friends, family and professional coaches for perspective. If you're stuck figuring out what lights your fire, and can't shake off your own inner critic, it may be time for objectivity. Other people will see things that you don't, and can help guide you to find something hidden inside yourself.
5. Ask these thought-provoking, self-discovery questions to get you processing:
- What are the things you would do even if you didn't get paid for it?
- What do other people say you're really good at, or that you should do professionally, or do more of?
- What is the one thing you want to experience or accomplish before you die?
- If you had all the money in the world, how would you spend your time?
- What would your perfect day look like? Describe every detail.
- What activities set your soul on fire?