Toastmasters International named Harvey Mackay one of the top five speakers in the entire world. The New York Times places two of Mackay's books, Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive and Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt, among the top fifteen inspirational business books of all time.
So when Mackay was announced as the keynote at an event I recently attended I knew it would be a world-class presentation. He did not disappoint.
Mackay is indeed inspiring, offering powerful quotes to drive home his key presentation points. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- "People don't care how much you know about them until they realize how much you care about them."
- "Everything is negotiable. The given reason in negotiation is never the real reason and there is no such thing as a final offer."
- "Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don't base your self-esteem on their opinions."
- "Humanize your selling strategies. Learn everything humanly possible about everyone you do business with."
- "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice."
- "I believe that visualization is one of the most powerful means of achieving personal goals."
- "People don't leave companies, they leave managers."
- "Sometimes it's risky not to take a risk; if you walk backward you'll never stub your toe."
- "Little things don't mean a lot, they mean everything."
- "Only perfect practice makes perfect."
- "The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement."
- "If you have integrity nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters."
Bonus Quote: Finally, Mackay quoted Helen Keller.
"Losing eyesight is not the worse thing in the world--losing your vision is."
Which is your favorite? Leave a comment below!