Mondays may be notoriously despised, but some believe that Wednesdays are the most difficult day of the week to get through. The weekend is so close, yet so far away. Creativity and ambition can certainly be affected by these mid-week blues.
A few tidbits of inspiration can jump-start your genius. Let the wise words of these ten great inventors help with your voyage to the weekend.
Leonardo da Vinci
1. Learning never exhausts the mind.
2. I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
3. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
4. The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.
5. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
6. You may delay, but time will not.
Alexander Graham Bell
7. Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.
8. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
9. We build too many walls and not enough bridges.
10. Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.
11. I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
12. Doubt is the father of invention.
13. Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.
14. The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
15. We need diversity of thought in the world to face the new challenges
16. It's amazing that the globe has been able to work together to accomplish what we already have
George Washington Carver
17. When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world
18. Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
19. Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
20. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.