When starting up, there is no safety net. You've quit your day job, invested your life savings, and have taken the leap into the unknown. It's true that as a startup entrepreneur you need to be committed whole-heartedly to your idea. But committing only gets you started. What carries you through to the finish is determination and persistence to bring your idea to life.
I'm a firm believer that with enough personal will and tenacity, you can make just about anything happen. The ability to persevere has certainly been the defining characteristic that has helped me build my latest startup, Porch.com. Below are 11 quotes that I believe inspire the resilience to take ideas and turn them into realities.
1. "I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."--Steve Jobs
2. "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential."--Winston Churchill
3. "Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."--Napoleon Hill
4. "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent."--Calvin Coolidge
5. "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."--Tommy Lasorda
6. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"--Mary Anne Radmacher
7. "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."--Babe Ruth
8. "Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."--Napoleon Hill
9. "Energy and persistence conquer all things."--Benjamin Franklin
10. "Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress."--Seth Godin
11. "Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."--Thomas Carlyle
I truly believe sheer perseverance is the one true determining factor in startup success. Tap into whatever inspires your own will and determination to make your startup ideas a reality.