Sometimes we need someone to give us the hard truth--a dose of pure, distilled honesty--to shake up normal patterns and give us fresh perspective.
Here is a collection of quotes that have the same effect as jumping into cold water--they are crisp, to the point, and not always altogether pleasant, but they are also undeniably refreshing in their candor.
Let this give you the burst of honesty and motivation you need to get things done and make progress.
- "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."--Winston Churchill
- "There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."--Aristotle
- "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily."--Zig Ziglar
- "Don't find fault, find a remedy. Anybody can complain."--Henry Ford
- "Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it."--Chuck Swindoll
- "If the rate of change on the outside exceeds the rate of change on the inside, the end is near."--Jack Welch
- "I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door--or I'll make a door."--Rabindranath Tagore
- "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."--Ayn Rand
- "My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."--Abraham Lincoln
- "I would rather die of passion than of boredom."--Vincent van Gogh
- "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."--Alice Walker
- "You can't learn in school what the world is going to do next year."--Henry Ford