I firmly believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to do work that they love.
Unfortunately, we don't live in a world where that is always a reality.
That's why it's up to employers to do their best to get the right people in the right roles at the right time with work that is truly engaging.
At my company Porch.com, we prioritize employee happiness and engagement in order to build a company that people are enthusiastic and excited to work for.
Below is a collection of quotes that embody the true meaning of employee engagement.
1) "When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute."--Simon Sinek
2) "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."--Steve Jobs
3) "On what high-performing companies should be striving to create: A great place for great people to do great work."--Marilyn Carlson
4) "The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don't feel valued, neither will your customers."--Sybil F. Stershic
5) "When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home."--Betty Bender
6) "Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: Interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company."--Zig Ziglar
7)"Highly engaged employees make the customer experience. Disengaged employees break it."--Timothy R. Clark
8) "Culture is about performance, and making people feel good about how they contribute to the whole."--Tracy Streckenbach
9) "Employees engage with employers and brands when they're treated as humans worthy of respect."--Meghan M. Biro
10) "Dispirited, unmotivated, unappreciated workers cannot compete in a highly competitive world."--Francis Hesselbein
11) "As a leader, you have to be authentic and constantly connecting with employees" --Jeff Immelt
12) "The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity.--Tom Peters
13) "It's about getting the best people, retaining them, nurturing a creative environment & helping to find a way to innovate."--Marissa Mayer