Whether you're a new graduate or a seasoned professional looking for a new career, the job market can be an intimidating place. Especially in today's world, where robots are doing the majority of the résumé screening, you have to pass predictive analytics assessments, and (owing to ease of accessibility) there's an average of 250 applications per corporate job opening.
That's all before you even start the interviewing process.
Yes, it's possible to navigate these challenges by learning how to optimize your résumé and preparing great behavior-based responses to assessments, but if you want to speed up the process and give yourself better odds, it helps to play the numbers.
In a LinkedIn Emerging Jobs Report released in early December, new data revealed the 10 jobs with the highest demand and most significant growth in hiring rates, making them conceivably more stable career choices and more attainable.
Here is LinkedIn's full list of in-demand jobs, some of the top companies posting them, and the skills associated with each:
- Account executive. Hiring: Bow, VentureBeat, Snap. Skills: sales management, social media marketing, Salesforce, sales
- Realtor. Hiring: Coldwell Banker, Century 21, ReMax. Skills: working with homebuyers, sellers, investment properties, buyer representation, single family homes
- Account manager. Hiring: Oracle, Endeavor, Google. Skills: sales management, sales operations, customer relationship management, direct sales, sales process
- Recruiter. Hiring: Dropbox, Lyft, Facebook. Skills: recruiting, human resources, sourcing, applicant tracking systems, technical recruiting
- Project manager. Hiring: Dictionary.com, Airbnb, Pandora. Skills: constructions management, program management, engineering, business process improvement
- Marketing specialist. Hiring: Business Insider, Twitch, Ipsy. Skills: social media marketing, digital marketing, Adobe Photoshop, email marketing, market research
- Real estate agent. Hiring: Imagine Real Estate, the Alcove, Jovio. Skills: working with first-time homebuyers, investment properties, residential homes, real estate transactions
- Product manager. Hiring: Reddit, Pinterest, OpenTable. Skills: product management, product development, cross-functional team leadership, engineering, product marketing
- Data scientist. Hiring: Twilio, Greylock Partners, Stripe. Skills: data science, data mining, data analysis, Python, machine learning
Although the job market is vast and continuously evolving, aligning your education and experiences with these 10 jobs is a good strategy if you're looking to snag a new job quickly.