LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers had a stunning performance against the Golden State Warriors last night, Game 3 of the NBA Finals. What makes LeBron such a great leader to his team? The below quotes help put things in perspective.
1. "I like criticism. It makes you strong."
2. "I hate letting my teammates down. I know I'm not going to make every shot. Sometimes I try to make the right play, and if it results in a loss, I feel awful. I don't feel awful because I have to answer questions about it. I feel awful in that locker room because I could have done something more to help my teammates win."
3. "I think, team first. It allows me to succeed, and it allows my team to succeed."
4. "Every night on the court I give it my all, and if I'm not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself."
5. "Once you get on the playing field it's not about whether you're liked or not liked. All that matters is to play at a high level and do whatever it takes to help your team win. That's what it's about."
6. "Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There's that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?"
7. "I have short-term goals, to get better every day, to help my teammates every day. But my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It's all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing."
8. "There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don't put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself."
9. "I'm going to use all my tools, my God-given ability, and make the best life I can with it."
10. "I treat every day like it's my last day with a basketball."