With all the tragedies happening in the world, do not fret--we still have more than a few outstanding humans left paving the way for a better future.
On Twitter, billionaire Tesla founder Elon Musk conversed with user Scott Stapf about relief for Puerto Rico, after the devastating effects of Hurricane Maria. Stapf inquired if Musk could go in and rebuild Puerto Rico's electricity system with independent solar and battery systems. Musk did not reply with a simple "No problem!" but his response sure sounded like something close to it:
"The Tesla team has done this for many smaller islands around the world, but there is no scalability limit, so it can be done for Puerto Rico too. Such a decision would be in the hands of the PR govt, PUC, any commercial stakeholders and, most importantly, the people of PR."
Musk then spoke with Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello, who then tweeted:
"Great initial conversation with @elonmusk tonight. Teams are now talking; exploring opportunities. Next steps soon to follow."
Feeling like you could save the world, too? Here are 11 quotes from Elon Musk that will inspire you to take on the impossible:
- "When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor."
- "If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not."
- "There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What's the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing."
- "When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, 'Nah, what's wrong with a horse?' That was a huge bet he made, and it worked."
- "Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up."
- "It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket."
- "If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic-being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago."
- "We're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work."
- "The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur."
- "I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary."
- "I could either watch it happen or be a part of it."