Kindness has been scientifically proven to make us happier, and thanks to a surge of Oxytocin each time we show kindness to another, we could possibly even be enhancing our heart health and slowing down our aging process. More important though is that our acts of kindness create happiness for those we bestow our kindness upon who, in turn, are much more likely to show kindness to others.
Be a catalyst for kindness with one small gesture of kindness each day. Here are 11 quotes that I hope will inspire you to make a habit of spreading a little kindness of your own.
1. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." --Aesop
2. "For beautiful lips, speak words of kindness." --Audrey Hepburn
Like your mother told you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And, you are far more attractive when you are kind to others.
3. "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." --Mark Twain
Kindness is a universal way to communicate that you care and that someone else is important.
4. "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon will be too late."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be generous with your nice words and gestures today because your opportunity to show you care may not be there tomorrow.
5. "There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." --Dalai Lama
6. "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." --Princess Diana
Doing things without any expectation of receiving the same in return is the most unaltered form of genuine kindness.
7. "To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness." --Confucius
Confucius knew that one of the keys to true nirvana was through our kindness to others.
8. "I like kindness. Who doesn't? Life is too short for self-centered, abusive people." --Ellen Greene
A gentle reminder that, despite how we sometimes feel, the fact that we truly don't live forever is definitely a good impetus to act kindly towards others as often as we can.
9. "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." --Lao Tzu
There are ways to incorporate kindness seamlessly in every aspect of our lives--just go look for them.
10. "A part of kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve." --Joseph Joubert
Being kind to those who have shown us cruelty is perhaps one of the most selfless acts of kindness.
11. "A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a lot of money." --John Ruskin
Remember that true happiness and fulfillment in life does not come from material things but from the many ways in which we express our kindness to others.