Like most everyone else, I have been watching Disney films since I was just a small child. While I don't watch nearly as many today as I used to, it's pretty amazing just how much great advice and wisdom there is buried within them.
When times get tough--and they do for all of us from time to time--these quotes from Disney films will give you the inspiration you need to keep pushing toward your goals.
1. "All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust."--Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
Often, success is a perplexing combination of hard work and chance. Remember that you need both, and trust that you'll stumble upon what you need--when you need it.
2. "Don't just fly, soar."--Dumbo (Dumbo)
What's the point of doing something if it doesn't take you to where you want to go--someplace really special? Make sure you always strive to soar.
3. Listen with your heart, you will understand."--Grandmother Willow (Pocahontas).
In trying to achieve too much, we sometimes let go of the things most important to us. Keep in mind what really makes your heart flutter as you try to achieve.
4. "Giving up is for rookies."--Philoctetes (Hercules)
We miss 100% of the shots we never take.
5. "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."--Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
Hear the words you say--both to yourself and to others. There is gold in them.
6. "Change is good."--Rafiki (The Lion King)
Despite how hard it may be to believe, sometimes change is the only thing that keeps us going. We all need a little spice in our lives.
7. "Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine."--Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
Don't ever devalue the things you bring to this universe. Your existence matters more than you could ever know or imagine.
8. "To laugh at yourself is to love yourself."--Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
When things don't go as planned, laugh. Loving yourself in spite of your flaws brings more relief than you think.
9. "Just keep swimming!"--Dory (Finding Nemo)
Sometimes that's all you can do.
10. "Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become."--Mufasa (The Lion King)
Remember not to define yourself by what you do, but rather by who you are.
11. "It is not what's outside, but what is inside that counts." --Aladdin (Aladdin)
Never judge before you know another's story. What you don't know will surprise you.
12. "Even miracles take a little time."--Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)
Patience is a virtue but also the most important ingredient for success.
13. "Some people are worth melting for."--Olaf (Frozen)
Surround yourself with people who warm your heart. It's okay to have people worth melting for.
14. "Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it."--Rapunzel (Tangled)
Nobody ever got anywhere by staying still.
15. "The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up."--Timothy Mouse (Dumbo)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Show that to the world.