"One of the first things I learned," Chris Bailey writes for the Harvard Business Review, "was that procrastination is a human condition. About 95 percent of people admit to putting off work, according to Piers Steel, author of The Procrastination Equation. And I'd argue the remaining 5 percent are lying."

When there is a task that you don't want to do, beware of the temptation to put it off. If you feel procrastination setting in, take a look at some of these words of wisdom and inspiration to stay on track for a productive day you will be proud of.

1. "Even if you're on the right track--you'll get run over if you just sit there." -- Arthur Godfrey

2. "How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time." -- Fred Brooks

3. "The habit of always putting off an experience until you can afford it, or until the time is right, or until you know how to do it is one of the greatest burglars of joy. Be deliberate, but once you've made up your mind, jump in." -- Charles R. Swindoll

4. "To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger but jump in and scramble through as well as we can." -- Sydney Smith

5. "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." -- Seneca

6. "I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work." -- Pearl S. Buck

7. "Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret. Today's duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time." -- Ida Scott Taylor

8. "The certainty that life cannot be long, and the probability that it will be much shorter than nature allows, ought to awaken every man to the active prosecution of whatever he is desirous to perform." -- Samuel Johnson

9. "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

10. "Procrastination is, hands down, our favorite form of self-sabotage." -- Alyce Cornyn-Selby

11. "If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it." -- Olin Miller

12. "Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows." -- Michael Landon

13. "The best way to get something done is to begin." -- Author Unknown

14. "Yesterday is a canceled check. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely." -- Kim Lyons.

15. "There is nothing so fatal to character as half-finished tasks." -- David Lloyd George

16. "He who every morning plans the transactions of that day and follows that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life." -- Victor Hugo

17. "Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!" -- Donald Gardner