When it comes down to it, how you approach any circumstance determines which track you take towards success--or toward failure.
We are all capable of achieving the impossible, but often, our mindset is the one thing standing in our way. However, our mindset is something we have the power to change.
Here are 17 quotes to remind you how important it is to get your mind right before you set out to make your next great accomplishment.
1. "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -- Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. "The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -- Arthur C. Clarke
3. "Living in this skin is hard and painful, most of the times because I never volunteered to take this on...but still here I am and if this is the body I've been given I'm sure as hell gonna make it work." -- Charlotte Eriksson
4. "Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses. On your powers, instead of your problems." -- Paul J Meyer
5. "Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself." -- W. C. Doane
6. "The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people." -- Randy Pausch
7. "Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can." -- Thomas Carlyle
8. "We love being mentally strong, but we hate situations that allow us to put our mental strength to good use." -- Mokokoma Mokhonoana
9. "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do." -- Epictetus
10. "I'm not the strongest. I'm not the fastest. But I'm really good at suffering." -- Amelia Boone
11. "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." -- Leon J. Suenes
12. "You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control the way you think about all the events. You always have a choice. You can choose to face them with a positive mental attitude." -- Roy T. Bennett
13. "If you want to be tougher mentally, it is simple: be tougher. Don't meditate on it." -- Jocko Willink
14. "The strength of your mind determines the quality of your life." -- Edmond Mbiaka
15. "Mental toughness is not being affected by anything but what's going on in the game or competition no matter what coaches, other players, or refs are doing. It's being able to block out what's not important." -- Jenny Brenden
16. "If you're not mentally tough, if nerves undo you instead of focus you, if you don't have the inner arrogance that you absolutely have what it takes to win, if you don't see, in your mind's eye, a picture of yourself winning - then you won't win; And not because you can't." -- Summer Sanders
17. "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired. When you were younger the mind could make you dance all night, and the body was never tired... You've always got to make the mind take over and keep going." -- George S. Patton