It's easy to think you're on any journey alone. But behind every great success is a team of collaborators, workers, and supporters. Whether you're in a business meeting about a group project, or playing sports on the court, it's easy to see that teamwork brings about success. A team can inspire innovation, find mistakes at a faster rate, and work together to advance professional and personal development.
Are your employees looking inspired? Are some starting to lose focus and move toward working solo? Here are 17 quotes about the power of working with others -- after all, teamwork makes the dream work.
1. "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." -- African proverb
2. "Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean." -- Ryunosuke Satoro
3. "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." -- Michael Jordan
4. "No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it." -- H.E. Luccock
5. "Great things in business are never done by one person; they're done by a team of people." -- Steve Jobs
6. "Success is best when it's shared." -- Howard Schultz
7. "To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless." -- Mike Krzyzewski
8. "None of us is as smart as all of us." -- Ken Blanchard
9. "If we were all determined to play the first violin, we should never have an ensemble. Therefore, respect every musician in his proper place." -- Robert Schumann
10. "A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle." -- Japanese proverb
11. "Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers." -- Pat Riley
12. "Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life." -- Amy Poehler
13. "No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you're playing a solo game, you'll always lose out to a team." -- Reid Hoffman
14. "Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." -- Andrew Carnegie
15. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
16. "There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others." -- George Shinn
17. "One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites." -- Jin Kwon
Success is in your future -- and with a team behind you, that future will start to look brighter much faster.