We all know the power of teams to get things done in our business and personal lives. In fact, according to one survey, about 75 percent of employers rate teamwork and collaboration as "very important." At the same time, 39 percent of employees say that people in their organization don't collaborate enough.
Teams have always been, and will always be, an essential ingredient for building a successful business. But building great teams isn't something that just happens. It takes planning and ongoing effort to get them right -- and to keep them that way.
Here are 17 powerful quotes about teams and teamwork to help inspire your own journey.
1. "Great things in business are never done by one person; they're done by a team of people." -- Steve Jobs
2. "Success is best when it's shared." -- Howard Schultz
3. "To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless." -- Mike Krzyzewski
4. "None of us is as smart as all of us." -- Ken Blanchard
5. "A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle." -- Japanese proverb
6. "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much" -- Helen Keller
7. "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
8. "There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals." -- Idowu Koyenikan
9. "No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you're playing a solo game, you'll always lose out to a team." -- Reid Hoffman
10. "Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." -- Andrew Carnegie
11. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
12. "There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others." -- George Shinn
13. "Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal." -- Patrick Lencioni
14. "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together." -- Vesta M. Kelly
15. "If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else." -- Booker T. Washington
16. "The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side." -- Margaret Carty
17. "Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever." -- Amy Poehler