They can be scary, but completely necessary. They can turn your life into chaos, and then they can give your life incredible progress and growth.
These are life transitions -- they are no easy feat, and often come when we least expect them.
If you're gearing up for a new career, new move, or new anything, you may be frightened by big changes. Here are some encouraging and motivating words to help you get past that fear:
1. "It is when we are in transition that we are most completely alive." -- William Bridges
2. "She knew this transition was not about becoming someone better but about finally allowing herself to become who she'd always been." -- Anonymous
3. "Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge." -- Eckhart Tolle
4. "Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else." -- Tom Stoppard
5. "Times of transition are strenuous but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink priorities, and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want." -- Kristin Armstrong
6. "Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." -- Andy Rooney
7. "Be willing to transition at every stage of your life. If your heart is open and you have an open mind, the blessing will flow." -- T. D. Jakes
8. "The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself." -- C. JoyBell
9. "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." -- Victor Hugo
10. "Change is inevitable in life. You can either resist it and potentially get run over by it, or you can choose to cooperate with it, adapt to it, and learn how to benefit from it. When you embrace change you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth." -- Jack Canfield
11. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter when it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." -- Nikki Giovanni
12. "Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman." -- Maya Angelou
13. "The future is always all around us, waiting, in moments of transitions, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain." -- J. Michael Straczynski
14. "If transition isn't painful then you aren't making progress." -- Anonymous
15. "Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't." -- Steve Maraboli
16. "When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny." -- Paulo Coelho
17. "Change can be frightening, and the temptation is often to resist it. But change almost always provides opportunities - to learn new things, to rethink tired processes, and to improve the way we work." -- Klaus Schwab
Embrace this new period of your life as you set out for a new exciting journey.