I can't remember the first film I saw Meryl Streep perform in, but I do remember that she made a tremendous impression on me. Since then, Meryl has performed in many more films, earning tons of recognition for her acting skills and remarkable performances. It's no accident that she has been nominated for Academy Awards 19 times--the most of any actor--winning three.
As many know, Meryl Streep has never been one to be shy about voicing her opinions, which she offers passionately. This was certainly the case when she spoke at the 2017 Golden Globes awards ceremonies.
During the long course of her storied career, Meryl Streep has said some really inspiring and profound things. Here are 17 Meryl Streep quotes that are particularly inspiring.
1. "Integrate what you believe in every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and ask the most and best of everybody else, too."
2. "The great gift of humans is that we have the power of empathy."
3. "Instant gratification is not soon enough."
4. "I think your self emerges more clearly over time."
5. "Some people are filled by compassion and a desire to do good, and some simply don't think anything's going to make a difference."
6. "I want to feel my life while I'm in it."
7. "If you voice your fears they may come true. I'm superstitious enough to believe that."
8. "You just have to keep on doing what you do...Keep going. Start by starting."
9. "Having been let out of the barn once, I know I wouldn't be happy if I were home all the time."
10. "Expensive clothes are a waste of money."
11. "There's no road map on how to raise a family--it's always an enormous negotiation."
12. "Obsession is an attractive thing."
13. "You can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing."
14. "Don't give up or give in in the face of patronizing ridicule, amused distain, or being ignored."
15. "It is well that the earth is round, that we do not see too far ahead."
16. "You can't suppress the things that make us human. It's pointless to try."
17. "I let the actions of my life stand for what I am as a human being. Contend with that, not the words."