You sent the perfect resume, played the waiting game, and worked hard through a tough interview process. Finally, after getting the good news you were waiting for, the day comes: your first day at your new job.
It's likely that you will feel a wide range of emotions on this day, from nervousness to eagerness -- but there is no denying the excitement that comes with such a life transition.
Keep that same energy as you head into work -- here are 17 quotes perfect for a motivating and inspirational first day.
1. "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." -- Theodore Roosevelt
2. "The expert in anything was once a beginner." -- Unknown
3. "I still get the jitters every time I start a new job! I love it -- makes you feel alive." -- Camille Guaty
4. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!" -- Henry David Thoreau
5. "A new job is not a new beginning. It is a path to create a new ending." -- Unknown
6. "To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth." -- Pearl S. Buck
7. "It's simple arithmetic: Your income can grow only to the extent that you do." -- T. Harv Eke
8. "Don't set compensation as a goal. Find work you like, and the compensation will follow." -- Harding Lawrence
9. "On every job you do, you've got to raise your game. My ambition is to just get better and better every job you do -- you should never stop trying to get better. You have to teach yourself new things -- I don't think you necessarily learn them from other people because you have your own style of doing things, but hopefully you get better." -- Ray Winstone
10. "A new job is like a blank book and you are the author." -- Unknown
11. "Only undertake what you can do in an excellent fashion. There are no prizes for average performance." -- Brian Tracy
12. "There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living." -- Nelson Mandela
13. "Be open to the amazing changes which are occurring in the field that interests you." -- Leigh Steinberg
14. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." -- Amelia Earhart
15. "Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves." -- William Patten
16. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot
17. "When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page." -- Eileen Caddy