Business is always a gamble, and failure happens to everyone. It's part of life. However, the truly successful people are those that have the courage to continue even in a difficult and daunting situation.
Entrepreneur icon Elon Musk took a huge gamble investing his considerable funds in both an electric vehicle company (Tesla) and a space exploration company (SpaceX) in the early 2000s. Musk followed his dream, but most of all, he had the courage to do what it took to make it happen. Today, his immense courage to move forward despite considerable obstacles -- both human and technological -- is known by everyone.
Work on having the courage to believe in yourself. Once you believe in yourself, your peers and followers will too. Here are 17 inspirational quotes to help boost your courage right now.
1. "When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor." -- Elon Musk
2. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
3. "You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world's problems at once but don't ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own." -- Michelle Obama
4. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." -- Nelson Mandela
5. "The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it." -- Kalpana Chawla
6. "In all realms of life it takes courage to stretch your limits, express your power, and fulfill your potential." -- Suze Orman
7. "We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity." -- Barbara De Angelis
8. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." -- Muhammad Ali
9. "The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror!" -- Joyce Meyer
10. "If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life." -- Marcus Garvey
11. "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." -- Billy Graham
12. "One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest." -- Maya Angelou
13. "To create one's world in any of the arts takes courage." -- Georgia O'Keeffe
14. "Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount." -- Clare Boothe Luce
15. "Courage is grace under pressure." -- Ernest Hemingway
16. "All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination." -- Earl Nightingale
17. "Genius is talent set on fire by courage." -- Henry Van Dyke