How are you seen or perceived? When surrounded by social media or even by people in general, it's easy to wonder what others think about you. For better or for worse, how others perceive you can have an influence on how you perceive yourself.
And how you perceive yourself dictates your confidence levels, the kind of goals and dreams you achieve, and how much you get out of life.
Take steps towards creating a positive self-image. Adopting positive attitudes towards yourself and the world -- and with a little help from these inspiring quotes -- will help you step into your power and live the kind of life you have always dreamed of.
1. "To be a great champion, you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are." -- Muhammad Ali
2. "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." --Henry David Thoreau
3. "I wanted to be a certain kind of woman. I became that woman." -- Diane von Furstenberg
4. "Because one believes in oneself, one doesn't try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn't need others' approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her." -- Lao Tzu
5. "We become what we think about." -- Earl Nightingale
6. "To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now." -- Alan Cohen
7. "With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world." -- Dalai Lama
8. "Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it." -- Bruce Lee
9. "You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it." -- Dr. Robert Anthony
10. "Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to." -- Henry Van Dyke
11. "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained." -- Marie Curie
12. "Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can't be done." -- Bo Bennett
13. "Low self-confidence isn't a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered -- just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better." -- Barrie Davenport
14. "Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it." -- Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
15. "Don't you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are." -- Jo Blackwell-Preston
16. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." -- Oprah
17. "She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails." -- Elizabeth Edwards