Life is not without its highs...and its lows.
If you're going through a rough patch, there is always something you can do to put an extra spring in your step. For example, Marie Kondo, author and Japanese organizing consultant, recommends decluttering your space and ascribing to a radically tidy philosophy. But it's not the decluttering that matters most. Kondo explains, "What matters is keeping those things that bring you joy."
Here are 17 remarkably inspiring quotes to spark real joy in your life.
1. "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
2. "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy." -- Rumi
3. "Try to make at least one person happy every day. If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word. If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought. Count up, if you can, the treasure of happiness that you would dispense in a week, in a year, in a lifetime." --Lawrence G. Lovaski
4. "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with." -- Mark Twain
5. "You can't reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday's junk." -- Louise Smith
6. "Just imagine becoming the way you used to be as a very young child, before you understood the meaning of any word, before opinions took over your mind. The real you is loving, joyful, and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun." -- Don Miguel Ruiz
7. "Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Life is an opportunity, Capture it." -- Unknown
8. "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." -- Oscar Wilde
9. "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." -- Anne Frank
10. "In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -- Gordon B. Hinckley
11. "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are." -- Marianne Williamson
12. "Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
13. "Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day." -- Henri J.M. Nouwen
14. "Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment." --Tony Robbins
15. "If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun." -- Katharine Hepburn
16. "Do anything, but let it produce joy." -- Walt Whitman
17. "You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world." -- Oprah Winfrey