As summer draws to a close, many of us are gearing up to return to our office, cubicle, warehouse, or other place of work. Whether you are faced with a new office project, or even a new position or career, you should be excited about the adventure that is about to begin. To move forward in any new direction means you will be growing personally and professionally.
Here are 17 quotes that will help you stay excited, motivated, and inspired for your new journey, wherever it may take you:
1. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot
2. "And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." -- Meister Eckhart
3. "It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now." -- Hugh Laurie
4. "The only impossible journey is the one you never begin." -- Tony Robbins
5. "I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me." -- A.G.
6. "If you can't fly, then run, if you can't walk run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
7. "This was when I learned that you have to give up your life as you know it to get a new one: that sometimes you need to let go of everything you're clinging to and start over, whether because you've outgrown it or because it's not working anymore, or because it was wrong for you in the first place." -- Kelly Cutrone
8. "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." -- Lao Tzu
9. "A fresh start - a new day - a new month - a new year. Do you see each day as a fresh start or are you carrying yesterday into this brand new day. See the possibilities of beginning anew." -- Theodore W. Higginsworth
10. "Change can be scary, but you know what's scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing." -- Mandy Hale
11. "Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now." -- Paulo Coelho
12. "There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there's so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on." -- Zayn Malik
13. "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. "The beginning is always today." -- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
15. "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you're not going to stay where you are." -- John Pierpont "J.P." Morgan
16. "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." -- Joseph Campbell
17. "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." -- C.S. Lewis