"What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends"
The Beatles had it right -- we do get by with a lot of help from our friend(s). And, our friends get by with a lot of help from us too. Having a close friend or many friends makes work and life happier places to be.
The happiest and most successful people are those who find it easy to make friends. If you're having trouble in the friendship department, get out there with a big smile on your face and be friendly -- before you know it, you will find your next best friend.
Here is more inspiration for you with 17 powerful quotes about friendship.
1. "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness." -- Euripides
3. "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." -- Muhammad Ali
4. "No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow." -- Alice Walker
5. "A friend is someone that gives you total freedom to be yourself." -- Jim Morrison
6. "Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends." -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
7. "A true friend is one that overlooks your failures and tolerates your success." -- Doug Larson
8. "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, not an opportunity." -- Kahlil Gibran
9. "Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer." -- Jean de la Fontaine
10. "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." -- Albert Camus
11. "A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else." -- Len Wein
12. "Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance." -- Rabindranath Tagore
13. "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing." -- Elie Wiesel
14. "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
15. "Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years." -- Richard Bach
16. "Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace." -- Christie Brinkley
17. "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." -- Helen Keller