Flooded with emails? Rushing to your next work meeting?
Sometimes goals and deadlines can be too much. They can even be harmful to your productivity and health.
Take a breather. Or two. Or more. Here are 17 quotes that will lead you into relaxation during times of stress.
1. "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come." -- Zig Ziglar
2. "Trust yourself. You've survived a lot, and you'll survive whatever is coming." -- Robert Tew
3. "Act the way that you want to feel." -- Gretchen Rubin
4. "I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear."― Steve Maraboli
5. "There is more to life than increasing its speed." -- Mahatma Gandhi
6. "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer." -- William Burroughs
7. "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are." -- Chinese Proverb
8. "Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side." -- Heather Stillufsen
9. "Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it." -- Kahlil Gibran
10. "It's not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it." -- Hans Selye
11. "Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes...Including you." -- Anne Lamott
12. "The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." -- Sydney Harris
13. "Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be." -- Sonia Ricotte
14. "Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health." -- Dalai Lama
15. "Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you." -- John De Paola
16. "Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax." -- Bryant McGill
17. "Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor." -- Thich Nhat Hanh