Let's face it: what's on the news today isn't always uplifting.
Sometimes, office life or even your personal life is not completely uplifting either.
When it feels as if you're being hit with negativity from all angles, remember that there are still pockets of positivity in the world that can bring optimism back into your life. Strengthen your positive spirit with these uplifting quotes about humanity.
1. "We are very, very small, but we are profoundly capable of very, very big things." -- Stephen Hawking
2. "One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." -- Malala Yousafzai
3. "Our human compassion binds us the one to the other--not in pity or patronizingly but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future." -- Nelson Mandela
4. "Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." -- Desmond Tutu
5. "In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact." -- Les Brown
6. "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
7. "Whoever saves one life, saves the entire world." -- Thomas Keneally
8. "The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being." -- Lee lacocca
9. "Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
10. "Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so let us all be thankful." -- Buddha
11. "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." -- Helen Keller
12. "The next evolutionary step for humankind is to move from man to kind." -- Unknown
13. "Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better." -- Harvey Mackay
14. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." -- Muhammad Ali
15. "There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." -- John Holmes
16. "To love ourselves and support each other in the process of becoming real is perhaps the greatest single act of daring greatly." -- Brene Brown
17. "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." -- Mahatma Gandhi