Being called "weird" may have been an insult when you were in grade school, but if you're called "weird" now, understand it is a compliment.
It's easy to want to fit in with everyone else, but your unique traits and capabilities give you the power to stand out from the crowd and carve out your own lane toward success in your career, your business, and your life.
Here are 17 quotes that will have you flaunting your inner "weird" in no time.
1. "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -- Coco Chanel
2. "Blessed are the weird people -- poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters & troubadours -- for they teach us to see the world through different eyes." -- Jacob Nordby
3. "Whether you try too hard to fit in or you try too hard to stand out, it is of equal consequence: you exhaust your significance." -- Criss Jami
4. "There's a whole category of people who miss out by not allowing themselves to be weird enough." -- Alain de Botton
5. "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes...the ones who see things differently." -- Steve Jobs
6. "Celebrate the idea that you don't fit in. Find your own fit. Stay unique." -- Betsey Johnson
7. "The world accommodates you for fitting in, but only rewards you for standing out." -- Matshona Dhliwayo
8. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Bernard M. Baruch
9. "What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it's not. And a lot of the time, it's what makes you great." -- Emma Stone.
10. "You are beautiful! You are beautiful in your inimitable way. You are beautiful because of your flaws, quirks, and weirdness; don't hide them! Embrace all your imperfections because it is your imperfections that make you beautiful!" -- Avijeet Das
11. "Cheers to all the Rebels out there who care way too much about Art and Truth and Magic to fall in line with the mundane task of fitting in." -- Scott Stabile
12. "Everyone has a purpose in life and a unique talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." -- Kallam Anji Reddy
13. "Taking into account the public's regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in." -- Janeane Garofalo
14. "Plants are more courageous than almost all human beings: an orange tree would rather die than produce lemons, whereas instead of dying the average person would rather be someone they are not." -- Mokokoma Mokhonoana
15. "Stop trying to find yourself. You've had it all along. Never feel ashamed for feeling different; different is the new normal." -- Joel Annesley
16. "Human tragedies: We all want to be extraordinary and we all just want to fit in. Unfortunately, extraordinary people rarely fit in." -- Sebastyne Young
17. "Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it." -- Rick Warren