The relationships we have can lead us to new heights and unforgettable memories. However, if a relationship is toxic, it can just as easily bring you to new lows, affecting all aspects of your life whether you realize it or not.
When a relationship is toxic, it stunts your growth and blocks you from growing into your full potential. It can be difficult and scary to get out of one, especially if it has been in your life for so long.
No matter how short or long term a toxic relationship is, know that you have the power to get out of it, anytime you choose to do so. Here are some words of wisdom that will inspire you to cut out the relationships in your life that do not positively serve you.
1. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." -- Steve Jobs
2. "A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting? If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually, you will heal." -- Autumn Kohler
3. "Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go." -- Hermen Hesse
4. "Celebrate endings, for they precede new beginnings." -- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
5. "A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel." -- Shakti Gawain
6. "Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" -- Mary Manin Morrissey
7. "Relationships are supposed to make you feel good. Relationships are NOT supposed to make you feel bad. Or guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless. Good. So when a relationship makes you feel bad, guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless, end it." -- Laura Bowers
8. "Letting go of people out of your life doesn't mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone you meet is meant to stay. Letting go of people out of your life doesn't mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone you meet is meant to stay." -- Anurag Prakash Ray
9. "A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won't go anywhere." -- Unknown
10. "Letting go of toxic people is an act of self-care." -- Karen Salmansohn
11. "You don't let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself." -- Charles Orlando
12. "You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles." -- C. JoyBell
13. "A bad relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single." -- Unknown
14. "Unhealthy relationships keep our self-esteem low." -- Sam Owen
15. "Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally and sometimes, physically." -- Kemi Sogunle
16. "Relationships based on obligation lack dignity." -- Wayne Dyer
17. "You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won't happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, 'I don't care how hard this is, I don't care how disappointed I am, I'm not going to let this get the best of me. I'm moving on with my life." -- Joel Osteen