Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
That quote is often attributed to Bob Marley, though it's not entirely clear if he actually said it. Regardless, it makes an excellent point. Relationships are the lifeblood of business. Sometimes the people we care about can hurt us, but life without good friends -- both on and off the job -- would hurt more. Cultivate your relationships and you will live well.
Here are 17 more wise quotes to live by:
1. "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." --Bill Gates
2. "Each person must live their life as a model for others." --Rosa Parks
3. "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking." --H. Jackson Brown Jr.
4. "If you can't tolerate critics, don't do anything new or interesting." --Jeff Bezos
5. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." --Nelson Mandela
6. "Success is where preparation and opportunity meet." --Bobby Unser
7. "Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions." --Harold S. Geneen
8. "Predicting rain doesn't count. Building arks does." --Warren Buffett
9. "Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you." --John Wooden
10. "To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone." --Reba McEntire
11. "Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time." --Jim Rohn
12. "To get rich, you have to be making money while you're asleep." --David Bailey
13. "The most simple things can bring the most happiness." --Izabella Scorupco
14. "There is always space for improvement, no matter how long you've been in the business." --Oscar De La Hoya
15. "Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all." --Helen Keller
16. "Friends and good manners will carry you where money won't go." --Margaret Walker
17. "Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness." --John C. Maxwell