What does your pursuit of happiness look like? Where does happiness reside, or is it something you can locate within your own self?
Happiness doesn't have to be elusive -- you can find it anywhere, at any time, and you can even do certain things to strengthen it.
Here are 17 quotes on happiness that will help you live a happier, more positive everyday life.
1. "It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It's also a very clear way to happiness." -- Sheryl Sandberg
2. "Desire only that things be the way they are and that things happen the way they happen. You'll always be content." -- Scott Curran
3. "Happiness increases the more you give it away. So the key to happiness is simple: make somebody else happy and happiness will find you." -- Jillian Hall
4. "The reason is that happiness exists independent of your circumstances; it's a feeling that you learn to live in." -- Richard Carlson
5. "Think of the happiness of others and in this you'll find your own." - Robert E Farley
6. "It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." -- Margaret Bonnano
7. "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are." -- Marianne Williamson
8. "Our brain actually works the other way around: By cultivating happiness, you'll be more creative, feel more connected, and be more productive. So by first focusing on what makes us happy, we become much better at everything we do!" -- Martin Nagle
9. "The mere sense of living is joy enough." -- Emily Dickinson
10. "Happiness is not something that should be pursued as an end result. Happiness and being contented in life should be the starting point." - Robert Herdman
11. "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." -- Omar Khayyam
12. "If you are motivated by loving kindness and compassion, there are many ways to bring happiness to others right now, starting with kind speech." -- Thich Nhat Hanh
13. "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." -- Emory Austin
14. "True happiness comes from having a sense of inner peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved by cultivating altruism, love and compassion, and by eliminating anger, selfishness and greed." -- Dalai Lama
15. "If you want to be happy, be." -- Leo Tolstoy
16. "Happiness yesterday is nostalgia; happiness tomorrow is hope. Happiness can only exist right now." -- Steve Errey
17. "Action may not always bring happiness. But there is no happiness without action." -- William James