When you're stuck in a rut, climbing out of it is not the easiest feat.
But just because it isn't easy, does not mean it is impossible.
Before you try to find the strength and willpower to envision brighter days, you might need a heavy dose of inspiration. Here are 21 quotes about opportunity that will turn you from hopeless to hopeful.
1. "Opportunity dances with those who are ready on the dance floor." -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
2. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
3. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -- Winston Churchill
4. "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." -- Henry Ford
5. "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." -- Milton Berle
6. "To dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen." -- Stephen Richards
7. "Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity." -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
8. "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." -- George Bernard Shaw
9. "Everything negative -- pressure, challenges -- is all an opportunity for me to rise." -- Kobe Bryant
10. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas A. Edison
11. "The more you seek security, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the security that you desire." -- Brian Tracy
12. "Opportunities, many times, are so small that we glimpse them not and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by." -- Og Mandino
13. "Nowadays, some people expect the door of opportunity to be opened with a remote control." -- M. Charles Wheeler
14. "Four things come not back. The spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity." -- Arabian Proverb
15. "We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems." -- Lee Iacocca
16. "Some men go through a forest and see no firewood." -- English Proverb
17. "When the flower blooms, the bees come uninvited." -- Rama Krishna
18. "The lack of opportunity is ever the excuse of a weak, vacillating mind. Opportunities! Every life is full of them. Every newspaper article is an opportunity. Every client is an opportunity. Every sermon is an opportunity. Every business transaction is an opportunity -- an opportunity to be polite -- an opportunity to be manly -- an opportunity to be honest -- an opportunity to make friends." -- Orison Swett Marden
19. "Some people steer by the light from the stars, while others steer by the lights from each passing ship." -- Unknown
20. "I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes." -- Sara Teasdale
21. "Listen to the Mustn'ts child, listen to the Don'ts. Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts. Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child, Anything can be." -- Shel Silverstein