When you have an attitude of altitude, and when you are grateful for what you have, your chances to have a meaningful and successful life are greater. Start where you are now to develop this mindset. You have the potential to do many things, even those things you may think are impossible. Broaden your vision and keep moving forward--the sky truly is the limit.
Earl Nightingale was an extremely motivational speaker and writer. A fan of Napoleon Hill, Nightingale believed the key to success was to be found in these simple words: We become what we think about.
Here are 37 Earl Nightingale quotes that will inspire and empower you to success and happiness.
1. "Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now."
2. "People with goals succeed because they know where they're going."
3. "Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach."
4. "All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination."
5. "Picture yourself in your mind's eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things you'll be doing when you've reached your goal."
6. "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
7. "Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal."
8. "Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations."
9. "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality."
10. "Everything begins with an idea."
11. "You'll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea."
12. "You are, at this moment, standing right in the middle of your own acres of diamonds."
13. "The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else."
14. "Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm."
15. "A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change."
16. "Work never killed anyone. It's worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we'd just settle down and do the work."
17. "Do each day all that can be done that day. You don't need to overwork or to rush blindly into your work trying to do the greatest possible number of things in the shortest possible time."
18. "There is a time when one must decide either to risk everything to fulfill one's dreams or sit for the rest of one's life in the backyard."
19. "The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment."
20. "We will receive not what we idly wish for but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service."
21. "Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about."
22. "All you have to do is know where you're going. The answers will come to you of their own accord."
23. "Whenever we're afraid, it's because we don't know enough. If we understood enough, we would never be afraid."
24. "People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be--whether they will admit that or not."
25. "We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within."
26. "We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light."
27. "What's going on in the inside shows on the outside."
28. "Everything in the world we want to do or get done, we must do with and through people."
29. "You can measure opportunity with the same yardstick that measures the risk involved. They go together."
30. "The big thing is that you know what you want."
31. "Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind."
32. "You are now, and you do become, what you think about."
33. "Problems are challenges to creative minds. Without problems, there would be little reason to think at all."
34. "The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice... it is conformity."
35. "No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others."
36. "A good deal of frustration and unhappiness could be avoided if people would just do what they know they should do."
37. "Don't concern yourself with the money. Be of service ... build ... work ... dream ... create! Do this and you'll find there is no limit to the prosperity and abundance that will come to you."