Plain and simple, happy people are more successful people. They also feel less stress, are more fun to be around, are more optimistic, and enjoy their lives more than people who are unhappy. Unfortunately, according to a Harris Poll, only 33 percent of people in the U.S. report that they are very happy.
Happiness is an achievable goal for everyone. Get started today on your happiness journey by beginning these habits of extremely happy people.
1. They are drawn to those things that are important to them.
2. They have nice, positive things to say about others and do not gossip.
3. They are respectful to themselves and everyone else in their lives.
4. They are not concerned about what others think of them.
5. They don't rehash the bad things that have happened to them.
6. They know that another person won't increase their happiness.
7. They understand that they are not perfect and don't try to be.
8. They believe in themselves.
9. Their best friends are happy people too.
10. They tend to watch a lot less TV than their peers.
11. They are honest and trustworthy.
12. They smile and laugh a lot.
13. They don't settle for mediocre.
14. They live in the moment.
15. They donate their time, energy, and money selflessly.
16. They focus on things they can control.
17. They are grateful for the things they have.
18. They are the ultimate optimists.
19. They take care of their needs first because they know this will benefit others.
20. They appreciate who they are even with their shortcomings.
21. They flourish in maintaining meaningful personal relationships.
22. They maintain a well-balanced life.
23. They put more value on experiences than on material possessions and understand that money can't buy them happiness.
24. They follow their heart.
25. They take solace in the fact that every rejection will be followed by something wonderful.
26. They don't make an effort nor need to be liked by others.
27. They are very good at releasing things that no longer help or serve them.
28. They don't waste time comparing themselves with others.
29. They have well-developed ways of coping when things get rough.
30. They are very forgiving and resilient.
31. They are typically healthy people--they exercise and think about what goes in their bodies.
32. They take in the beauty of all that surrounds them.
33. They focus and go after their goals with fearless optimism.
34. They try different routines to change things up.
35. They don't waste their time proving someone else is wrong.
36. They take the time to do things for themselves.
37. They see a misfortune as an opportunity to grow and change.
38. They don't wait for happiness to land in their laps--they pursue it.
39. And, even when they have a moment of sadness, they know that happiness is just around the corner.