Dr. Wayne W. Dyer left a remarkable legacy--a legacy of reaching and using your highest potential, and living a meaningful life. He's physically gone now, though his teachings filled with wisdom, inspiration, and encouragement will endure through history.
Time is precious and irreversible, and we must keep this in mind. We need to continually challenge ourselves to improve in every area of our lives--both personally and professionally. It all starts from within. We all have the capacity to become better, and work and live in fulfilling ways. Why not start now?
Here are 40 powerful Wayne Dyer quotes that will help you become the best you can be.
1. "You don't need to be better than anyone else; you just need to be better than you used to be."
2. "The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your imagination."
3. "You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be."
4. "You have a powerful mind that can make anything happen as long as you keep yourself centered."
5. "What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds."
6. "You must become the producer, director, and actor in the unfolding story of your life."
7. "The more you see yourself as what you'd like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you'll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality."
8. "You are what you choose to be today. Not what you've chosen to be before."
9. "Begin with the end in mind. Start with the end outcome and work backwards to make your dream possible."
10. "Go for it now. The future is promised to no one."
11. "It's never crowded along the extra mile."
12. "Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose."
13. "Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what the reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character."
14. "You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside."
15. "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
16. "You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you."
17. "When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace."
18. "Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances."
19. "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
20. "Focus on understanding yourself instead of blaming others."
21. "When you're at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive."
22. "If you are facing in the right direction, all you need to do is keep on walking."
23. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
24. "What you fight weakens you; what you cooperate with strengthens you."
25. "No one can create negativity or stress within you. Only you can do that by virtue of how you process your world."
26. "Stop focusing on what you do not have, and take stock of all that you do have."
27. "Often we use the word problem only because we have not learned that imagination and creativity can handle the situation."
28. "A higher concept of yourself involves taking on new truths and shedding your old views of what you can achieve. This is the only way you can achieve your desires."
29. "Infinite possibilities are available if you follow a pertinent sequence of creative action."
30. "Change your thinking, take responsibility for everything in your life."
31. "Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him."
32. "Before speaking, consult your inner-truth barometer, and resist the temptation to tell people only what they want to hear."
33. "All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, it will not change you."
34. "There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen."
35. "What comes out of you when you are squeezed is what is inside of you."
36. "When you abandon making choices, you enter the vast world of excuses."
37. "Attachment to being right creates suffering. When you have a choice to be right, or to be kind, choose kind and watch your suffering disappear."
38. "You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being--not because anybody says so, not because you're successful, not because you make a lot of money--but because you decide to believe it and for no other reason."
39. "The falls of our life provide us with the energy to propel ourselves to a higher level."
40. "You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions, and your intentions create your reality."