For many of us, Pixar movies are the ultimate paragon of our joyful youth. They're full of timeless animation and positive messages--and their own versions of happy endings that feel more realistic than those of Disney and other animated movies.
Some of the best Pixar lines are moving, others are funny--and even more are just so simply inspiring, you can't help but smile. Here are 7 that are bound to make you happy.
1. "Crying helps me slow down and obsess over the weight of life's problems." --Inside Out
Even though it might not seem completely apparent at first, taking moments to properly go through catharsis for your feelings is incredibly necessary for growth. Sadness from Inside Out knows that.
2. "You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from." --Ratatoullie
Don't let others choose where you start and where you end. That right belongs to you.
3. "Now, you might not feel like you can do much now, but that's just because, well, you're not a tree yet. You just have to give yourself some time. You're still a seed." --A Bug's Life
Patience is key to letting anything blossom. And we have to keep that in mind in the midst of hard times.
4. "You control your destiny--you don't need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems." --Brave
Despite what we think, life doesn't have shortcuts. The only way to do things is the right, hard way to success.
5. "You just need to believe in yourself." --Toy Story
Sometimes, that is indeed all you need.
6. "Your identity is your most valuable possession." --The Incredibles
Losing sight of who you are can lead you to feelings of loss and confusion--know who you are. And trust in that.
7. "Sometimes you gotta get through your fear to see the beauty on the other side." --The Good Dinosaur
Fear can be our worst enemy, so don't let it stop you from doing whatever you want--even if that's as simple as being happy.