How often do you monitor the things that you say to yourself? What kind of statements are you filling your mind with?
If you have ever recalled saying things to yourself like, "I will never be good enough;" "I always mess things up;" or, "I can't succeed," you may be experiencing negative self-talk. Frequently saying these things -- statements you surely wouldn't say to your loved ones, much less anyone else -- means it is likely that you are beating yourself up.
It also means you may be robbing yourself of your own emotional well-being, peace of mind, and positive energy -- energy that could be used to help you progress towards your goals and dreams.
Treat yourself in a more compassionate way and replace your inner critic with something better. Instead of negative self-talk, get used to positive affirmations. Some begin their mornings saying these out loud to themselves, end their evenings repeating them, or do both. Affirmations, although just words, are powerful ways to retrain your brain and cultivate a better mindset. Here are a few:
- I am attracting everything I need to be successful in business and life.
- I am worthy of success in every area of my life.
- I am the kind of person who actively pursues and achieves my goals.
- I am enough.
- I believe in myself and trust in my abilities.
- Money flows towards me.
- Success and happiness come easily to me.
- I create incredible opportunities, and they show up effortlessly in my life.
- My days are productive and efficient.
- I am energized by my work, my relationships, and my passions.
Affirmations are a great way to focus inwards, improve your life, and enhance your career. You are free to use those listed above or create your own. Doing so can help you not only prioritize what in life is important to you, but it can set you on the road to better self-care.
What are you waiting for? Give these affirmations a try. Right now.