Climate change is not some far-off, future problem we will have to face in a few decades. The reality is, it's happening right now, and is threatening small and large businesses alike.
For example, with ocean levels rising, existing shorelines will change, and some areas will end up underwater. Communities and businesses will have to migrate, leading to the construction of new homes and buildings, and competition for highly desirable property.
But don't wait to see the destruction climate change could create -- do your part now to take action, and use these quotes as inspiration along the way.
1. "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." -- Jane Goodall
2. "Twenty-five years ago people could be excused for not knowing much, or doing much, about climate change. Today we have no excuse." -- Desmond Tutu
3. "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." -- Albert Einstein
4. "If you really think that the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money." -- Guy McPherson
5. "I'm often asked whether I believe in global warming. I now just reply with the question: Do you believe in gravity?" -- Neil deGrasse Tyson
6. "We are the first generation to feel the sting of climate change, and we are the last generation that can do something about it." -- Jay Inslee
7. "A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." -- Native American Proverb
9. "We cannot burn our way to the future. We cannot pretend the danger does not exist -- or dismiss it because it affects someone else." -- Ban Ki-moon
10. "We must face up to an inescapable reality: the challenges of sustainability simply overwhelm the adequacy of our responses. With some honorable exceptions, our responses are too few, too little, and too late." -- Kofi A. Annan
11. "The environment is where we all meet; where all of us have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share." -- Lady Bird Johnson
12. "Even if you never have the chance to see or touch the ocean, the ocean touches you with every breath you take, every drop of water you drink, every bite you consume. Everyone, everywhere is inextricably connected to and utterly dependent upon the existence of the sea." -- Sylvia Earle
13. "All things share the same breath -- the beast, the tree, the man. The air shares its spirit with all the life it supports." -- Chief Seattle
14. "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to." -- Terri Swearingen
15. "This is not a partisan debate; it is a human one. Clean air and water, and a livable climate are inalienable human rights. And solving this crisis is not a question of politics. It is our moral obligation." -- Leonardo DiCaprio
16. "The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for." -- Ernest Hemingway
17. "While the problem can sometimes seem overwhelming, we can turn things around -- but we must move beyond climate talk to climate action." -- Ted Turner