Most everyone knows Jessica Alba as a Golden Globe-nominated film and television actress, but more recently, Jessica has been making her mark in business. Co-founder of The Honest Company--a consumer goods company that produces eco-friendly and healthy baby products, cleaning products, vitamins, and more--her business was recently valued at $1 billion.
Consider these powerful words that can lead you to success.
1. "My theory is that if you look confident, you can pull off anything--even if you have no clue what you're doing."
2. "The secret to using power is not to use it. Just having it is enough."
3. "With a movie...it's not like your whole life is hanging on this thing. With a business, your whole life is hanging on this thing--people have to love it."
4. "Being perfect is being flawed, accepting it, and never letting it make you feel less than your best."
5. "It's hard for people to take anyone seriously who's never done this before. But that just gave me fire to move forward."
6. "It's so much better to promote what you love than to bash what you hate."
7. "Launching products is easy--it's building it, finding the right manufacturers, getting the design right, and all of the marketing that is hard."
8. "No matter how different women are, we all seem to share the guilt that we're not doing enough. If anything, I would say that as long as you're doing your best, it's more than enough."
9. "At the company, we like to say we're honest, not perfect. We really listen to our customers and our internal teams to pivot as quickly as possible when it comes to addressing any challenges."
10. "I never just did what people told me. I questioned everything. When I look back, it is really no surprise that I started working at 12."
11. "I wish I was more educated, but I make do with the tools I was given in life."
12. "Having the right partners also means having people you like. They're all people I wouldn't mind getting stuck with at an airport for five hours."
13. "You have to be brutally honest with yourself and understand your strengths and weaknesses."
14. "I wish there were two of me and 48-hour days so I could get everything done. But for me, I have to not try and think that everything has to be 100 percent perfect all the time and leave room for error. As long as my kids feel loved and a priority, everything [else] really is secondary."
15. "I believed that there was a real opportunity for my idea, but I had to overcome a lot of self-doubt about establishing and running a business."
16. "Every five years I feel like I'm a completely different person."
17. "The only way you can measure your success is by reflecting and seeing what you want out of the experience. And the journey is just as much a part of the success you seek out."
18. "It's all about your product and how it performs. Either it works, or it doesn't."
19. "I try my hardest every day, and I find when I go to bed early and wake up early, I feel the most productive."