Everyone knows the old saying "The early bird catches the worm." When it comes to becoming successful in business and in life, it appears that the old saying might just be true.
Business finance company Fleximize recently put together a study of the morning habits of some of today's most successful people. No surprise, many of these people were out of bed and well into their days by 6:00 a.m.--and some even before that.
Here are the morning habits of 9 remarkably successful people.
1. Tim Cook (CEO of Apple) gets up at 3:45 a.m. and works through his email until about 5:00 a.m., when he heads to the gym to work out. By 6:00 a.m., he's on his way to the office.
2. Bill Gross (co-founder of PIMCO) gets up at 4:30 a.m. and then showers and gets dressed. He leaves for the office at 5:00 a.m. and starts work at 5:30 a.m.
3. Padmasree Warrior (former CTO of Cisco) gets up at 4:30 a.m. and then checks email and reads the news. She exercises for an hour starting at 6:00 a.m. and is in the office by 8:30 a.m.
4. Tim Armstrong (CEO of AOL) gets up at 5:00 a.m. and works out. He reads the news starting at 6:00 a.m., checks email at 7:00 a.m., and is in the office by 9:30 a.m.
5. Brad Feld (venture capitalist) gets up at 5:00 a.m., makes a cup of coffee, and feeds his dog. He reads the news and RSS feeds, checks his email starting at 5:30 a.m., exercises from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m., and begins work at 9:00 a.m.
6. Jack Dorsey (co-founder and CEO of Twitter) gets up at 5:30 a.m., meditates, and then goes out for a six-mile run. He takes a bus to work at 7:30 a.m.
7. Anna Wintour (editor-in-chief of American Vogue) gets up at 5:45 a.m. and plays tennis. She's in the office by 8:30 a.m.
8. Gary Vaynerchuk (CEO of VaynerMedia) gets up at 6:00 a.m. and reads the news and ESPN, and then checks Twitter and Instagram. He's in the office by 9:00 a.m.
9. Oprah Winfrey (media proprietor) gets up at 6:00 a.m., meditates for half an hour, and then gets on the treadmill and plays Scrabble on her iPad. She's in the studio taping her two shows by 8:00 a.m.