Money isn't everything. But it certainly is something we all work to earn.
And when your goal is to earn an abundance of money, you must remember that the super-wealthy and super successful think about funds in a different way than many of us.
Looking to re-frame your mindset on wealth in order to build more of it? Here are 17 thought-provoking quotes on money that may lead you to a deeper understanding of wealth and life.
1. "It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor." -- Seneca
2. "He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
3. "If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting."-- Ben Franklin
4. "Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed." -- Gandhi
5. "A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart." -- Jonathan Swift
6. "The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind." -- T.T. Munger
7. "The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money." -- Unknown
8. "I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy." -- Warren Buffett
9. "If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed." -- Edmund Burke
10. "Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. "Fortune sides with him who dares." -- Virgil
12. "Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants." -- Epictetus
13. "You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." -- Maya Angelou
14. "The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went." -- Unknown
15. "Poor is the man who does not know his own intrinsic worth and tends to measure everything by relative value. A man of financial wealth who values himself by his financial net worth is poorer than a poor man who values himself by his intrinsic self worth." -- Sydney Madwed
16. "Many folks think they aren't good at earning money, when what they don't know is how to use it." -- Frank A. Clark
17. "If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it." -- Socrates