Which of the habits that you've adopted has done the most to improve your life? originally appeared on Quora: The best answer to any question.
- Make your bed in the morning. Imagine you had a stressful day and the only thing you want to do is go to bed. My mood improves immediately when I think about how I will cuddle in my made bed. Making your bed takes 5 minutes. Your whole room will look much better and it's a perfect habit to start your day.
- Eat breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. My favorite breakfast includes cereal with yogurt, fruits, nuts, and honey. I studied law -- this was the perfect meal to start my day and help me be productive. Preparing a healthy, fresh breakfast takes at least 10 minutes. Furthermore, by preparing a meal you can see results immediately.
- Use stairs. Only use stairs instead of the escalator or lift. Moving stimulates the blood circulation and helps the lungs and heart receive enough. It improves your general physical condition and strengthens muscles and bones. Furthermore, it's a perfect every day workout, and your butt will thank you!
- Create a sleeping ritual. Using sleeping rituals will make you more relaxed and calm. I always light candles, listen to few songs, and drink a cup of tea. While drinking my cup of tea and listening to music, I review my day. Especially the good things. When I had a hard day, I write. It helps clear my mind.
- Write down your thoughts. We will all have bad times. Like I already mentioned, write down your thoughts. Writing down your thoughts will help you move on.
- Read. "Increase your horizon and the world stands open for you." Read for at least 10 minutes a day. Choose something you love to read (novels, newspapers, comics...). For example, I love quotes. Reading quotes helps me manage certain situations, and they also just give me hope.
- Appreciate the things you have. When something offends you, think about the things you have. It's a "mini habit," and you will feel better immediately.
- SMILE MORE!
- Take a break. It doesn't matter where you are or what are you doing right now. Try at least once a day to live in the moment. Sit down, drink a coffee or cup of tea (whatever your favorite drink is), and just enjoy your situation right now.
- Don't take everything too seriously. I admit it's actually not so easy. Some comments can hurt us, and we tend to overthink them. It might sound quite harsh, but for me it helps to remember the following: most people do not care what you think. Most people do not even care about you. Most people do not realize that whatever they said might have hurt you. People are different, and misunderstandings happen. Why lose energy on such unimportant things?
This question originally appeared on Quora. Ask a question, get a great answer. Learn from experts and access insider knowledge. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions: