I'm 37. Here are 10 habits that I'd highly recommend.
I wish I'd started all of these earlier.
- Do 50 pushups a day. I've done this for the last few month and have gradually increased by 2 a week.
- Do yoga. I used to try to follow a DVD (remember these?). Now I just do a few poses for about 10 minutes. I feel wonderful completely relaxed after doing this.
- Stretch daily. I actually do a combination of Yoga and stretching.
- Drink a green smoothie for breakfast every morning. Try a half cup of strawberries, half of a banana, almond milk and as much green spinach as you can fit in there. I've never felt better. (Bonus tip: Add a teaspoon of vanilla powder pudding mix to your shake. Makes it taste 100x better).
- Be ok with being average. It's way less pressure. Most people end up average anyway, despite all the stressing about it. Give above average effort, but be ok with average results.
- I try to write down 3 things I'm grateful for every day. I write a bit more about one of the things to focus your attention on it.
- Meditate. I started with 3 minutes. No mantra. No forced mind clearing. I just set a timer and breathe. I immediately saw a benefit to this.
- Pray everyday.
- Tell your parents you love them. My wife's dad passed away on New Year's Eve. She'd give everything she has to tell him I love you more.
- Go outside regularly. I started riding a bike around the lakes by my house. My mood and fitness have dramatically improved. When I was young I used to lay in the grass and look at the sky.
Hope these help you. They've helped me.
This question originally appeared on Quora - the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions: