What are some good tips for entrepreneurs who want to take the next step in their careers? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
What are some good tips for entrepreneurs who want to take the next step in their careers?
- Storytelling: One of the most important skills is being able to tell a compelling story about your vision - and also being able to back it up with data. Partners, investors, and employees all want to see results and it's up to you to take them on that journey.
- Embrace change: You also must be able to embrace change, especially in today's world where technology and consumer expectations are evolving so quickly. Every roadblock or every "no" is simply an opportunity learn, get better, and to tell the story another way.
- Build your network: It's important to find strong mentors both in and out of the industry. A diverse set of perspectives to draw upon drives greater critical thinking, which I believe is crucial to building a successful company and staying ahead.
- Keep learning: I am a big believer in lifelong learning. Reading and engaging in activities or communities that spark your intellectual curiosity will make you a smarter leader.
This question originally appeared on Quora - the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions:
- Career Advice: In today's demanding working world, what can people do to achieve work-life balance?
- Entrepreneurship: What are the key lessons from your experience turning Clear around that would be beneficial to tech entrepreneurs?
- Technology: How will the healthcare industry change as biometric technology advances?