- Learn to persevere.
- My 2nd Quora post has 366 views. My 6th Quora post has 98,000 views. My 13th Quora post has 548,000 views.
- My first book sold less than 50 copies. My second book has over 40,000 Kindle downloads.
- I had to make 14 iPhone apps just to get to 4 that made the top 100 in different categories
- Everyone sucks in the beginning. It's what you do after the beginning that counts.
- Find 5 awesome people crushing it in life. Spend time with those people. You are who you spend your time with. Awesomeness is contagious.
- Find your purpose. Purpose will fuel your motivation. Imagine waking up every day excited for what you've set out to accomplish. That passion alone will propel you to the next level.
- Take action now. Getting started is half the battle. Just focus on getting started. The inertia will keep you going.
- Understand the value of time. Your time here is so freaking valuable. Do you really want to look back one day and ask, "What if?" Better to look forward and to say, "What's possible?" Most people don't push themselves to be better than average mainly because they never have a sense of urgency. Understanding the value of time changes that. Life is short. Make the most out of your time here.
This question originally appeared on Quora - the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions:
Mar 31, 2016