5 types of core skills you should highlight on your resume:
- Soft skills: Showing how you are adding value to your team's work, emphasizing ease of working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, your negotiation skills, adapting communication to your audience or to coworkers across different groups (for example, engineers, marketers, business analysts, developers, and designers).
- Execution skills: Demonstrating what you have achieved, listing your deliverables, and using numbers (money saved, projects completed, or number of customers acquired, issues resolved, or clients signed up).
- Management skills: Showing conflict resolution ability, helping to bring people together as a team, as well as demonstrating project management skills in a deadline-driven, time sensitive environment.
- Strategic skills: Showing a mindset of thinking about the bigger picture and what you've done to give your team more visibility in the company, how you've impacted a future project, or how you've contributed to the growth of the company and its product or service.
- Core job-specific skills: Skills that set you apart as an expert in your field, or that show you are advancing in your career towards becoming one.
This question originally appeared on Quora - the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions: