What is the best advice for first-time entrepreneurs? originally appeared on Quora - the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
- Don't do it. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. You'll cry, lose friends, sleep less, gain weight, lose self confidence, earn less money, and likely fail.
- If you still want to do it - then it's one of the most amazing things you can do - so get ready. You'll realize how much of an impact you can actually have in the world, meet people you would have never thought of meeting, learn a tremendous amount about everything, feel emotions you never thought you could, and be surprised everyday. Get one great adviser who you share everything business with (no more) and a therapist (for the personal stuff).
- Don't worry so much. You usually worry about the wrong things anyway, and it doesn't actually help.
- Don't build a lot without market feedback or validation. It's crazy easy to test, test, test these days. If you get really good at this you'll save years and millions.
- Your #1 job is to - everyday - not destroy the business (credit: ).
This question originally appeared on Quora - the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions: