Another year has passed. It's time to start over with a clean slate. Maybe 2015 didn't go the way you planned; you didn't follow through with your great ideas and your goals weren't met. Well it's a new year and a can be new you on January 1.
Or maybe 2015 was amazing and you need to keep the momentum going. You don't want to stop now! No matter how this past year went for you, use these 101 motivational quotes to start 2016 off right.
Trying to improve your health?
1. "Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will." -Gandhi
2. "Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it's about being better than you used to be."
3. "Excuses don't burn calories."
4. "The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." -Marvin Phillips
5. "The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential: these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence." -Confucius
6. "Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
7. "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different?" -C.S. Lewis
8. "A year from now you'll wish you had started today."
9. "The voice in your head that says that you can't do this is a liar."
10. "Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."
11. "If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."
12. "Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better." -Jim Rohn
13. "The only workout you'll regret is the one that didn't happen." -Bob Harper
14. "Don't put in half of the effort unless you're okay with half of the results."
15. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' " -Muhammad Ali
16. "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
17. "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable." -Jillian Michaels
18. "Suck it up so one day you don't have to suck it in."
19. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -Jim Ryun
20. "It doesn't matter what others are doing. It matters what you are doing."
21. "Slow progress is better than no progress."
22. "There are no traffic jams along the extra mile." -Roger Staubach
23. "The secret to getting ahead is getting started."
24. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu
25. "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -Earl Nightingale
26. "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." -Colin Powell
27. "Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going." -Jillian Michaels
28. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." -Confucius
29. "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone sitting on the couch."
Changing your attitude?
30. "Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it." -Charles Swindall
31. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain."
32. "Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop."
33. "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, 'I'm possible!' " -Audrey Hepburn
34. "Things work out the best for those who make the best of how things work out." -John Wooden
35. "If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough." -Oprah Winfrey
36. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
37. "Change your thoughts and you change your world." -Norman Vincent Peale
38. "If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else." -Booker T. Washington
39. "Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." -Dalai Lama
40. "Don't fear failure. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail." -Bruce Lee
41. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt
42. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."
Learning to love yourself?
43. "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" -Dr. Seuss
44. "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -Lao Tzu
45. "I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition."
46. "When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too." -Paulo Coelho
47. "Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln
48. "You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it."
Preparing for a new challenge?
49. "What you do today can improve all your tomorrows." -Ralph Marston
50. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough." -Og Mandino
51. "Either you run the day, or the day runs you." -Jim Rohn
52. "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney
53. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt
54. "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
55. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." -Steve Jobs
56. "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand
57. "Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs." -Farrah Gray
58. "I would rather die of passion than of boredom." -Vincent van Gogh
59. "What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan
60. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
61. "There is no substitute for hard work." -Thomas Edison
62. "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown
63. "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchill
64. "The only place SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary." -Mary Smith
65. "No great achiever--even those who made it seem easy--ever succeeded without hard work." -Jonathan Sacks
66. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau
Getting a handle on your finances?
67. "Too many people spend money they earned to buy things they don't want to impress people that they don't like." -Will Rogers
68. "You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you." -Dave Ramsey
69. "Every time you borrow money, you're robbing your future self." -Nathan W. Morris
70. "Never spend your money before you have it." -Thomas Jefferson
71. "Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I'll tell you what you value." -Joe Biden
72. "The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went."
73. "The man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest." -Henry David Thoreau
Dreaming of traveling the world?
74. "If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat. Just get on." -Sheryl Sandberg
75. "Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien
76. "You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." -Christopher Columbus
77. "Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear." -George Addair
78. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
79. "Die with memories, not dreams."
80. "Focus on where you want to go, not where you currently are."
81. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." -Mark Twain
82. "It's better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times."
83. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
84. "The journey not the arrival matters." -T.S. Eliot
85. "Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey." -Pat Conroy
86. "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." -Henry David Thoreau
87. "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." -St. Augustine
88. "I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." -Robert Louis Stevenson
89. "You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens." -Mandy Hale
Just need general motivation?
90. "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein
91. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison
92. "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Pablo Picasso
93. "Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." -Jack Canfield
94. "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William Arthur Ward
95. "I'm gonna make the rest of my life the best of my life."
96. "The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." -Paulo Coelho
97. "We were born to succeed, not to fail." -Henry David Thoreau
98. "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." -Babe Ruth
99. "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." -Jimmy Johnson
100. "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." -Beverly Sills
101. "Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, 'Get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.' "
Look at this list often. Write your favorites on your mirror. Leave sticky notes in your car. We all need little reminders to keep us going. As Zig Ziglar once said, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily."