We spend hours a week commuting to and from work can be put to good use if we utilize them well. One way of combining the necessity of getting to our workplace with success is to spend the time listening to books on CD or MP3, but what to listen to? Here are suggestions for my recent 14 best business books to listen to during your commute.
1. The E-Myth - Michael Greber. This is an excellent book about the myths surrounding starting your own business and demonstrates prevalent misconceptions about running a business.
3. Big Magic - Elizabeth Gilbert. The "big magic" of the title is "inspiration"; how does it come about, and how do we find the hidden jewels of inspiration within us.
4. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey. The classic and inspirational book that has transformed lives all over the world for 25 years.
5. Start with Why - Simon Sinek. A brilliantly insightful must-read about the qualities of good leadership.
6. Originals - Adam Grant. An entertaining look at how we all can become more innovative.
7. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni. For anyone in a team, and especially for team leaders, this book will give you concrete steps to improve your team's results.
8. The 10X Rule - Grant Cardone. A game-changing book for entrepreneurs, showing how to achieve success in any market.
9. First, Break All The Rules - Marcus Buckingham. A well-researched book that explains concepts in a clear and intelligible way, including the 4 keys of great managers.
10. Raving Fans - Kenneth Blanchard. A guide to transforming your customers from just satisfied to "raving fans".
11. Presence - Amy Cuddy. Not only a business book, the lessons here are also applicable to students and teachers, employees and bosses, and everyone in between.
12. Rising Strong Audible - Brené Brown. An uplifting book for anyone who has ever fallen and a textbook on how to rise again.
13. Crucial Conversations - Kerry Patterson. A guide to those hard-to-have conversations, personal or professional, and how to handle them.
14. Extreme Ownership - Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. This book details the mind-set of hard-hitting Navy SEALs and how this can be translated into great business and life lessons.
If you have some recommendations make a comment and share.