It's no secret that most people dread Mondays. However, if you're passionate about the work you're doing, Monday isn't a drag, it's a fresh start. Each new week brings an opportunity for limitless potential. No matter what you were facing last week, this is a new one and you can start it off right, with these Monday-Morning Tasks to Ensure a Successful Week.
- Get an Early Start. Arrive at work a little early on Monday morning to get a jumpstart on your week. Take time to reflect on your priorities for this week and begin making plans.
- Set a New Goal. Every Monday, you should set a new goal for the week. As you are writing this week's goal, you should reflect on how successfully you completed last week's goal. If you struggled, how can you improve?
- Schedule Meetings for the Week. Monday is the perfect time to schedule meetings with your team, because calendars are usually pretty open at the start of the week. Think about who you need to meet with this week and use Monday morning to set these meetings up. Remember that face-to-face time with key members of your team is an important part of every week.
- Show Appreciation. Every Monday, choose one person to thank for a job well done. Your employees are motivated by your praise, and it is easy to forget to acknowledge important efforts. This act of gratitude can be as simple as a quick email or as elaborate as a gift or dinner out, but making a regular habit of appreciation goes a long way, and it's a great way to jump-start the week.
- Assess Upcoming Challenges. New challenges pop up all the time. Take a moment on Monday each week to think about what problems need to be solved quickly and how you can keep small distractions from sidetracking your business. Set solutions in motion.
As you add these simple items to your Monday routine, you'll quickly discover that Monday is a day you look forward to, a day for casting vision and noticing the great things that are happening around you.
Please share on social media if you found this post helpful. If you have a comment or question, please post and add your voice to the conversation.